We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

New York
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

So I finally think we decided on the Lighthouse condos at the Oyster Bay Beach Club for our family spring break trip. We were looking for accommodations on the beach, with a pool, well appointed/modern suite apt with full kitchen and 2 bedrooms, with basic hotel services like setting up beach chairs. We looked into several condo rentals but of course they don't have any services. And all the hotels we considered had issues for us such as cost or room size (Grand Case Beach club was our first choice but at $4200 for 6 nights I thought it way overpriced and the rooms were decent but not fabulous for that price). So I am sacrificing location in that I wanted to stay in Grand Case, but the apt at the Lighthouse is much much nicer and significantly less expensive. I figure we can just drive to Grand Case for dinner every night. I just wanted to reach out to the community one last time 1) to see if anyone else has any suggestions for what I am looking for. 2) Also to see if anyone knows any reason I shouldn't go with the lighthouse condo. For example if its overly-Americanized/Commercial, overrun with cruise ships, too far from the actual beach etc. Basically trying to make sure the pros of staying in there outweigh the cons of not being in Grand Case. Thanks for your input!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

the Lighthouse at OBBR is very nice and i highly recommend. not sure what the pool renovations actually consist of (going on now) but the pool is smaller than it looks. the beach access is just at the opposite end of the resort as the Lighthouse sets on the point of the inlet into the marina providing excellent views. no cruise ships here....they dock in phillipsburg. you will be about 20 min drive from grand case which is no problem and i recommend visiting the different beaches vs just staying at the resort. what we love most about this overall area is that it sets on the dutch/french border and is more upscale residential than tourist.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
85 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

HI. I am just curious about oyster bay beach resort being on the border. if you are on the french side of the resort can you go topless or naked as you can on the rest of the french side? does the border line go through the pool area? so the french side is clothing optional too?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

The OBBR is on the Dutch side.

You may be thinking of CaptainOliver's resort.

-------

http://captainolivers.com/index.html

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

it's not literal...the resort doesn't straddle the border. as a quick geographical reference the resort is on one side of the marina which is dutch and the road and part of the pier on the other side of the marina is the french side. capital oliver's resort (a few rooms vs large resort) and restaurant are at the end of the pier. there are also a couple of other places to visit on the pier like dingy dock for pour your own happy hour.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

Dingy dock? Tell me more. You had me with pour your own.

6. Re: Lighthouse @ Oyster Bay Beach Club OR Stick with Grand Case

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:16