We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Hello all!

The Wife and I just booked a 9 day stay there in lovely St. Martin and I just wanted to put out a "feeler" here to see if there were any other young couples visiting St Martin around the time that we are.

We always find that the best part about vacations are meeting new people, so let me know!

We'll be staying on the french side near Orient, looking forward to just going to different beaches and places to get cool food and what not. We're definitely going to want to go to Pinel and prickly pear, maybe anguilla. I think we're going to go to lotterie farm as well and spend the day zip lining and stuff like that..

Thanks!

Chad and Lena (25 and 26)

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

So I guess this means no then eh? haha

Tennessee
Level Contributor
131 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

We are a couple (28 and 29) going with two of our friends (28 and 30) and we are going 5-9 through 5-17 and staying in a villa in Cul de Sac! Sorry we will just miss you!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Bummerrrrr.. I hope you guys have a great time. I'll post something and let you know how our visit was :)

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Guess we're too old! :)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Funny thing, I have met and become friends with people in St Maarten who were anywhere from 15 years younger than me to 30 (or more) years older than me. If you limit yourself to hanging out only with people your same age, you will miss out on a lot of fun times ....

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
233 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

me (35) and the wife (33) will be there for our 10 year anniversary if that's 'young'? We still party like we are 18 though if that matters. Rum gets us going....at breakfast!

Definitely hitting Anguilla this time. Missed out last time we visited a few year back as there are sooooo many beaches.

David H- great post. We travel several times a year and have met some killer folks over the years, some under 25 and some over 65! You just never know. Good times, good times.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

I may have phrased my post a bit wrong.. haha

We tend to make friends with older folks usually anyway! (over 40)

So... Come one, come all! Anyone visiting around the same time?

Sea Bright, New...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

I will be there solo 4/26 to 5/1 for Carnival..Rum and Reggae!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Shows what i know.. I didn't even know that Carnival was taking place when I was going! wow.. Uninformed I am yes.. mmMmmm

So do you have experience with going to SXM at this time of the year? Is it super busy? etc...

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Young couples around 4-23 through 5-1?

Its not too crowded even with the Carnival going on. The only problem is trying to get through Philipsburg while one of the parades is going on. This year, there are parades on 4/30 and 5/1, so you might want to take that into account when you head to the airport on 5/1 and avoid Philipsburg.

Also, 4/30 and 5/1 are public holidays on the Dutch side, so a lot of stores aren't open or have reduced hours on those days.

The only thing you will miss out on is Harmony Nights in Grand Case, which are done by mid April. Otherwise, late April/early May is a great time to visit.

Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten