We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

Does it make sense to split up the time between different parts of the Island? My initial intention was to stay at the "Grand Case Beach Club" for our entire duration, however I'm having some hesitation. The trip will just be my wife and I (early 30's), and we'll want some relaxing beach time but some action as well.

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case Beach Club
Grand Case Beach Club
1,822 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,949 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

It's not uncommon - maybe do 4 and 4 - of course some time will be utilized in the move...look for a stay in Simpson Bay / Maho area....

Mentioned in this post
Simpson Bay
Simpson Bay
St Martin / St Maarten
Maho
Maho
St Martin / St Maarten
Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

I would stay put. You will waste the majority of one day to pack up and move to another location.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,746 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

You don't have to waste any time really. When we used to visit for several weeks we would often change timeshares on the weekend. We just packed up, went to the new place in the am and left our bags. You will find most places have a holding office where they can lock your stuff up. Go do your thing for a couple of hours, a day at the beach or shopping,, and head back to the new place later in the day and check in. Easy!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

If we are not taking a side trip to another island. We usually split our trip 5 days French side, 5 days Dutch side... we stay at the Mercure and Sapphire. It's fun go for it. Great experience.

5. Re: Just booked flight & staying 8 nights, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten