We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with dive shops on site

New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with dive shops on site

I'm trying to plan a quick dive trip to St. Martin. I don't plan to rent a car, so I'd rather stay at a hotel with a dive shop on site, I don't care which side it's on... but this seems to be very difficult information to dig up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

Grand Case Beach Club, easy walk to Grand Case for meals, activity desk at the club for many things(snorkeling), octopus diving a golf ball shot away?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,982 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

diviresorts.com/DiviLittleBay/st-maarten-wat…

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

Dive Adventures out of Simpson Bay Marina that is on the Simpson Bay Resort property is the dive shop I use. Been using them for the last 12+ years with over 150 dive logged with them. The main shop is there and they have an outlet in the Divi resort. The boat leaves the Simpson Bay location at 9:00am with divers and then stops at Divi to pick them up.

Outstanding dive shop and I have used most all of them.

They have the most comfortable boats, especially the Dive Machine, and have top notch dive masters and instructors.

Chech out all the rave reviews on their web site.

www.stmaartendive.com

I stay at the Flamingo which is right next door. Easy walking distance to the dock as is also the Atrium and LaVista resorts that are very close buy.

All of those resorts would be a great choice for you.

New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

Thanks for the help! Grand Case Beach Club is unfortunately not available on the days I'd like to go, so Dive Adventures is probably my best bet... "Flamingo" = "Flamingo Beach Resort," yes?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

Yes.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

here's a second recommendation for dive adventures. diddo on everything scubaman already said. we usually stay at lavista but have stayed at pelican (years ago) and flamingo as well. flamingo is a great choice. it's a fairly big place so there are usually timeshare units to rent online for a good price.

7. Re: Hotels with dive shops on site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin