We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resorts? July good time to go?

Save Topic
Best resorts? July good time to go?

Our travel agent found the Radisson Blu, it looks very nice. My main concerns are that is has no ocean front rooms and it is kind of isolated with a busy marina nearby. Does the marina have any effect in the water clarity there? We would really like a nice resort with a nice pool that is ocean front/view so we could enjoy the clear Carbbean waters and beautiful sunsets. Any suggestions on resorts would be appriciated. We are renting a car so we will be beach hopping the 3 days that we are there. Our only option is to go early July. I have read this is the off season time. Will all restaurants and activities(snorkeling) still be open? Thanks for your help!!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,012 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

If you are looking for the "big hotel" experience perhaps Westin would be a good choice - view sunrise from this side of the island.

Many of the hotels on the French side are smaller properties - such as

-------------------------

http://www.lepetithotel.com/

Austin Texas
Level Contributor
80 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

My wife and I have been to St Martin in April May and June (the first week). We see a huge temperature difference between the beginning of May and the beginning of July.

We livwe in south texas and it is Hot.

It is miserable on the beach and the narrow streets shopping, the first week of June on St martin. I would move up my plans.

PS take a look at the Trip advisor reccomendations and post a couple that interest you. We will let you know what we think of them. There are just so many and so many price ranges.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 19:22
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

Thank you for the information. I checked out the lepetithotel, looks like a very inviting hotel the only thing I didnt see a pool there. Also checked out the Westin, we are trying to decide between it and the Radisson Blu, we are kind of leaning toward the Radisson because we want to stay on the French side Thanks again!!

rpo
St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
17 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

Take a look at OBBR, Oyster Bay Beach Resort www.obbr.com

5. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 14:15
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,603 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

Oh yes, July is a great month, have a good time!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,390 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

Yes, July is lovely. Water temp about 86.

8. Re: Best resorts? July good time to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin