We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

shirley
12 posts
Save Topic
Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

Are there any beach bars within walking distance along the beach near the Westin? If so what are the names, and how far is the walk? Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

http://dawnbeachsxm.com/

------------------------------------

On Dawn Beach

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
190 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

Yes, Mr. Busby's is within walking distance but it either you need to cross a slippery rock formation on the beach or walk down a street that is a winding and steep hill.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

Me Busbys is a nice place for happy hour or breakfast. There is a natural rock outcropping in the way, but I been there when the tides were higher (virtually impassable) and lower (fairly easy to climb). Sneakers help, flip flops do not.

Good luck

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

Hope youre a smoker. Mr busbys is like being stuck in a humidor with the marlboro man.

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

We went twice within the past couple of weeks and smoke was never an issue. Same for past 10 years. Mr. Busby's is all open air and is large enough to give some space in seating. I don't doubt that if it's crowded and you are seated near tables with smokers, that it can ruin a good meal. We are sensitive to smoke and will avoid a restaurant if smoke is a problem. But that is the risk of most any restaurant. I don't think Mr. Busby's is excessive in that regard. It just was the evening you were there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

I guess we were just lucky then, but it strikes me that the timeshare owners around here always seem to have nice things to say about the area. Its kind of like amway.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

Seriously?

You are from NY and you are complaining about smoke, in an outside environment.

Please.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

Mr. Busby's is an awesome place to chill - the food is good - the drinks are awesome.

The Beach is great.

We've been going there for quite a few years as well.

Love it.

9. Re: Beach bars near Westin Dawn Beach Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin