We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What was the weather REALLY like last week?

Greater Boston...
Level Contributor
183 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
What was the weather REALLY like last week?

I'm trying to put the 10-day forecast in perspective. I was watching it last week and it pretty much said 50% change precipitation (thunderstorms) every day. It looks like this coming week, too (we arrive tomorrow afternoon). During our past trips, that kind of forecast could mean BEAUTIFUL weather every day OR it could mean rains and dark skies. I'm hoping that if last week was a nice week, I can feel optimistic that the currently dismal forecast means nothing about the first part of our trip!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What was the weather REALLY like last week?

We had a wonderful rain storm one morning for an hour or so, with clouds for a day. Otherwise, it was hot and beautiful!

If you've been here before, you will know that our forecasters here don't know any better than those in Boston!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,854 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What was the weather REALLY like last week?

You can't correlate the forecasts you read online with actual weather conditions - they ALWAYS predict rain so the only times they are "correct" are the few times it might happen to rain.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What was the weather REALLY like last week?

it's a tropical island chances are it rains every day for a little bit.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
189 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What was the weather REALLY like last week?

First of all, the entire week was very windy. Sunday and Monday, there were bright skies. Tuesday and Wednesday had high thin clouds. Thursday, it rained off and on but began to pour in earnest at 5:00 pm. It continued to rain through the night and stopped around 11:30 am on Friday and then it was a sunny day until 5:00 when it poured again with a thunder storm offshore. It was raining heavily when we left on Saturday. We had a great time! Be sure to visit Pinel Island and Friars Bay Beach....beautiful!

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What was the weather REALLY like last week?

Yesturday was a washout from 1:00 on. Today was nice. Few clouds and no rain in Simpson Bay area. Not sure about other areas on island but I can't complain after two rainless previous weeks.. Island needs the rain so let it come.

6. Re: What was the weather REALLY like last week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:18