We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to st.martin

New York City, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
first time to st.martin

Hoping to go to St. Martin end of January for a week for my big 5-0 with a few girl friends. But having a hard time deciding between Orient and Grand Case. I want a nice beach where we can also have drinks during the day. At night, I want nice food, but also a few drinks. Not looking for a party, but not ready for my dotage either!! I'm afraid that orient beach might be crowded at that time of year? But is Grand case very quiet? Which beach is nicer in terms of views, oceans, sunsets, accessibility/ Also, I know everyone says to hire a car, but we'll all be drinking and it's not fair to expect anyone to drive, so can anyone give advice on hiring a driver for the week, or is that unrealistic? Sorry, lots of questions, any advice much appreciated!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to st.martin

You'll find most of what you want at either place, more dining options at Grand Case and sunsets too, both quiet down afer sunset but still active...

-------------------------------------

edsandra.com/esgeneral/GrandCaseReference.htm

edsandra.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.…

Edited: 08 June 2013, 16:32
Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to st.martin

Grand Case will be very quiet with Sunsets, Orient will be busy with no sunsets. Very little night life at GC but great food options if you have lots of money to spend at high end restaurants. They also have cheaper lolo's and a few other not so expensive options to eat at too.

New York City, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to st.martin

Excellent photos, thanks! Really helping me get an idea of the 2 areas. How much approx. for a cab from Orient to Grand Case (or vice versa) and are they easily accessed?

4. Re: first time to st.martin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin