We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

I made reservations for tomorrow night because I have heard and read many great things about the buffet! However I have also read some not-so-great reviews. Just wondering if anyone has a current experience to share? $50/person seems pricey for food that might be disappointing. Especially if I can spend about the same money in Grand Case and get an exceptional French meal! I'm unsure now what to do---try it or skip it? Thanks in advance for the help!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

SXMScubaman was there recently - Quote

---------------------

05/18/13 - Went to The Mini Club buffet in Maragot last night. Lobster, both cold and hot was excellent along with every other selection. . Music, service and view was great. Friendly staff. 49 Euro converted to a little less than 65 each. For what you get it's a bargain with wine and service included. We did give them extra too.

---------------------------

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

And we are already planning to go back there this next May. I have had many meals all over St Maarten and this one really sticks in my mind as one of the better places. Every body else in out group loved it to along with others I met at our resort and recommended they go there.

Thanks again Bobcat for turning me on to this place.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

You are welcome.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

How was the Mini Club?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

I was hoping you wouldn't ask! :) We made reservations for 7:30 and decided to give it a shot. We arrived a bit early and just waited to see everything. Once the food was all out, we decided not to stay. Some of it looked yummy but for the high price, we decided to dine in Grand Case at a nice restaurant. Maybe we missed out on the best meal ever, or not. I was fairly surprised to see that there were only about 4-5 tables of people- the restaurant was virtually empty. We might give it another chance-- still debating!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

Okay - no problem, it's not for everyone, you can't go wrong with a nice Grand Case restaurant.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

Also, wanted to let you know Bobcat that Brasserie des Iles is in fact closed. A new restaurant owner has supposedly taken over but not reopened yet. I asked the hostess at the restaurant next to it and that's what she told me.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 03:06
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

Too bad they closed. It was a fun place. Thank you for the update.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

Just so you know the Mini Club opens at 7:30. We had the same experience with only a few tables being used when they opened but by 8:00 it was packed. and that was on a Wednesday. Better give it a go if time allows or you'll miss out on a great meal.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone eaten at The Mini Club in Marigot recently?

Yes, Scubaman is right, I should have mentioned it , folks do tend to dine later here, one reason we prefer to dine on the early side ourselves - lol -

------------------------------------