We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anguilla day trip for family of six

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anguilla day trip for family of six

charter or ferry? taxi or rental car? should we try to visit more than one beach? It appears that Shoal Beach East is the favorite with Meads Beach coming in a close second......seeking advice since I am coordinating for six people (adults and young teens) not two. If you think I should rent a car...does this need to be arranged in advance? I was thinking about taking a day trip to Anguilla and a snorkeling catamaran trip to prickly pear, Scrub Island or Tintamarre. Please advise!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anguilla day trip for family of six

Personally, with a party of 6 I would take the Marigot Ferry (save some $$ for 6) and have a taxi take you where you want to go. Much more relaxing than worrying about driving an island you don't know on the wrong side of the road! If you love it, you can always go back and explore.

San Diego
Level Contributor
124 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anguilla day trip for family of six

We (me, wife, 2 daughters 23 & 21) took the ferry from Marigot over to Anguilla.

We rented a car over there from Andy's. It was $35, and then $20 for an Anguilla license. Each of my kids wanted to try driving on the "wrong" side of the road, so the lady at Andy's was real nice and put our last name on the temp license so we'd only be charged for one (can't see that happening in the States).

The map they provided is pretty easy to follow. We also went to Shoals Bay East first (very beautiful), then Meads Bay. We had planned to hit Rendezvous, but loved Meads so much we stayed there for the rest of the day.

Drop off of car was easy. They told us to just park it where we had picked it up, and leave the keys in it. We waved to the lady as we headed to the ferry. Can't see that happening in the States.

Davidson, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anguilla day trip for family of six

Thanks for the tips....did you arrange to rent the car in advance or upon arrival in Anguilla?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anguilla day trip for family of six

I also rented a car through Andy on my day trip to Anguilla. I emailed him the day before to let him know what time I would be arriving and what kind lf car we needed, and he met us at the ferry dock. You might need a little more notice since you have 6 people and will require a bigger car. Awesome service and super easy!

5. Re: Anguilla day trip for family of six

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin