We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety at club orient

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Safety at club orient

When my wife and I go to St. Martin I am sure we will stop by Club Orient on orient beach. We know that no place on the island is totally safe. We will have our own personal beach chairs, umbrella, cooler. We would never leave anything of value out of our sight. If we wanted to walk the beach, would our personal chairs, umbrella, cooler, towels, empty beach bag be safe if we walked the beach for about an hour or so?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,202 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety at club orient

Yes, it is done all the time.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety at club orient

I simply ask my neighbour to keep an eye out for me until I get back...if you can't trust a naked person who can you trust?

Maine
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety at club orient

Agree with the other posters. If you've never been there, you're in for treat. Great friendly atmosphere, and an obvious presence of an attentive security force.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety at club orient

Ditto!!

I think it wise that anything of value ( keys, cash, cards) would be with you, but it is a very safe section of the beach. Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety at club orient

Thank you for all of your replies. We will definitely keep our valuables with us. If someone steals our beach chairs, Oh well!

Triangle, NC
Level Contributor
157 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety at club orient

The people there are very nice. We had something blow away while we were in the water and someone took the time to not only retrieve it for us, but to secure it in a way that it wouldn't happen again.

I wouldn't leave cash or electronics out, but I wouldn't think twice about leaving a cooler or similar items behind.

Washington...
Level Contributor
184 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safety at club orient

what do you all suggest to use to keep your car keys, money ect with you while you are in the ocean swimming? Any good products I can search for on amazon?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safety at club orient

Hi alicia,

There is a place in Grande Case called Octopus Diving that sells watertight, snap shut boxes on adjustable cords for a reasonable price. They are big enough to carry cash, credit cards, and keys.

Triangle, NC
Level Contributor
157 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safety at club orient

We just ordered a KYSS bag. Mostly for beaches other than the southern end of Orient, but we will use it there.

10. Re: Safety at club orient

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 07:17