We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
Beach bars

Can anyone tell me if sunset beachbar is walking distance to sonesta maho beach resort? And also read about a boat bar, would it be closer to the resort?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars

Yes. Turn right when you leave the resort. Walk to the roundabout and bear right. First bar you come to is Driftwood Boat Bar. You'll recognize it by the boat that is a bar! Walk to the other end of the beach and you will find Sunset Bar and Grill. You will recognize it by the crowds and high prices! lol

New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars

Not sure about the boat bar, but we've been to Sunset Bar a few times. It's on the opposite end of Maho Beach from Sonesta. However, Maho's not a long beach, and is definitely walkable.

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars

Thanks, how far of a walk are they? My husband has some problems walking, so I'm trying to figure out if they would be close enough for him.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bars

It's probably a 5 minute walk to Sunset. If you look at the Google Maps image below, you'll see some chairs at the bottom of Maho beach (just past the runway). Those chairs are directly in front of Sunset, which right at the end of the beach.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,450 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach bars

About 3 minutes to the Boat Bar. To continue to Sunset you will have to walk in the road.

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach bars

That's perfect, thanks!

At Home in the UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach bars

'Tis about 175 yards from one Boat Bar to Sunset (normally about the same going the other way depending on how much you have had to drink !). It's about the same from Sonesta Reception to Boat Bar.

http://tinyurl.com/DriftwoodBoatBar

Sonesta: Center Top

Driftwood Boat Bar: "A" at the North end of Beach

Sunset: South end of beach

Have fun.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach bars

walkable. boat bar first then sunset at end of beach. sunset has the arrivals on the surfboard. wait for the big planes.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
89 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach bars

If you're like me, it isn't the walk TO the bar that's the challenge, it the WALK/CRAWL back. Have fun, both the Driftwood and SBB are great places. The Driftwood runs off of a little generator that frequently "rests." Bar life goes on without interruption and someone restarts the generator - cracks me up. Island time, gotta love it.

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach bars

Thanks everyone,we aren't going until January.but it will be our first time in St Martin and I'm sooo excited. Definitely want to go to both those bars and also spend a day at Orient beach!