We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining on the Island

Mandeville...
3 posts
Save Topic
Dining on the Island

My husband and I will be traveling to St. Martin this November for one week. We will be staying at the Grand Case Beach Club and plan to visit many of the great restaurants in the area. I live in the New Orleans area and know that French food is quite rich and filling. My husband and I many times will split the main course at the upscale restaurants in our area because we simply can't eat the large portions we are served and we like to be able to eat an appetzer and dessert. Will this be considered offesive and rude if we ask to split our dinner and the local French restaurants?

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
85 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining on the Island

HI. you could ask first but i dont think it would be a problem. the worst they could do is charge for the plate. we have not done it but some of the places we go have half orders.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining on the Island

I have friends who do this frequently without issue.

Mandeville...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining on the Island

We'll definitely check on half plates. Looking forward to the great food! Thanks.

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining on the Island

It would't be a problem at all..many people do that

5. Re: Dining on the Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:17