We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Towels

5 posts
Save Topic
Beach Towels

We're taking our first Carribean cruise and wanted to know if we should pack our own beach towels for excursions, use the ship's towels or are towels provided on the excursion?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Towels

I would think that the cruise line would supply that info better than guess work here.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Towels

Never been on a cruise, but I see the beach towels from the cruise lines (they each have a different towel it seems) in use all over the beaches here when a ship is in port. The cruise line must supply them.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Towels

I have never been on an excursion that provides towels. You should bring one on any excursion you take--but definitely use the ship's towels. Don't bring your personal towels from home.

When I have been on cruises we just take the towels from the room and then ask housekeeping to switch them out when we return.

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Towels

definitely use the towels from the ship. It's not a problem

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Towels

You can use the ships beach towels if you like, only problem with that is the towels on your ship are all the same. So when the ship comes in EVERYONE will know who you are and know that you are here for just one day with a pocket full of cash.

Philipsburg, St...
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Towels

Good point CandSNH BUT we have to believe that everyone is not lying in wait to take advantage of that pocket full of cash AND St Maarten and all the other ports of call on the itinerary are very used to cruise passengers and there is a lot more than just the towels that make them and other tourists stand out (like the fact that they are on a beautiful tropical beach and not at work - ah to be able to vacate all the time would be such a wonderful thing).

Unless booking a luxury private excursion, no, they do not have towels so do take your/ships own.

7. Re: Beach Towels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 07:19