We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

We'll be in St Maarten Thanksgiving week - we are avid scuba divers. Which of the 2 dive companies do you prefer and why?

thanks!!!

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

Dive Adventures hands down. From the comfortable diver friendly boat "Dive Machine" to the very professional and knowledgeable dive masters and crew. I have been diving with them since 2000 and will not go out with anybody else. I have over 160 dives with them and all are different. I have tried others on SXM but they are the best. Check out their web site at www.stmaartendive.com and click on the review link to trip advisor and you'll see why. I wouldn't think about going out with any other dive company on St Maarten unless you can't get on the boat because it's full.

2. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 22:21
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,961 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

The Scuba Shop is owned and run by Peter Frye and his daughter Kim Frye. Hence Self Promo?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

I think Kim wasn't doing a self promo as she represented the other dive shops also. Speaking of that I have dived with Dive Safaris ( The Scuba Shop) out of their Phillipsburg location and was not impressed. I felt as though I was on a cattle boat. Wasn't permitted to board the boat with my equipment and was kept on the dock till everybody lined up and boarded the same time. There was no bottled water or sodas supplied only water out of a container. I missed bottled water, selections of sodas that are furnished to the divers on Dive Adventures. Dive Adventures also supplies free beer after the last dive for the divers. Nice touch Dive Adventures.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,961 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

Ok, not my forum, but there is also post 1

tripadvisor.co.uk/…52327619

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

Yes I just saw that. If you don't agree then all you have to do is hit the "report inappropriate content" and select self promotion or what ever applies and trip advisor will act accordingly.

7. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 22:21
8. Re: Ocean Explorers Dive Center or Aqua Mania Adventures?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:18