We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals in SXM

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rentals in SXM

Is it better to rent an older or newer model car?? I know the roads are bad and I don't want to be scammed by anyone! We plan on renting for about 3 or 4 days to check out the island.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,608 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals in SXM

We always ask for a well dented car. Most are only a year or two old, but if you get it pre-dented, it's hard to tell if you've added to the mess!

NJ
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals in SXM

Yeah ask for a car with dents. I have rented from Payless and found them to be very easy and good to work with. They were also very reasonable. I paid $119 for a weeks rental for a car that fit 5 people with luggage. If you can rent for the whole time do it, it is cheaper than taxis and easier to drive yourself.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals in SXM

we rented our car right from GCBC which was REALLY convenient since we were staying right there.

and the roads aren't BAD per say, but some were VERY twisty and steep. the roads are paved and don't seem to be in that bad of shape.

Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals in SXM

Had no problem with Hertz just make sure you get a not so new model. Next trip will probably use whatever is offered ant Grand Case Beach Club... A car on Saint Martin is the way to go!

5. Re: Car Rentals in SXM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 10:33