We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews for Empress Car Rental

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews for Empress Car Rental

My lowest quote has been from Empress but would like to have some recent reviews. The only ones I could find were old. Would really appreciate some input. Thanks.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,274 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147350-i1584-k5…

this thread is not old....

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

We have rented from Empress twice, most recently in February 2013. I would rent from them again, however, make sure you take the complete insurance. I opted out of the damage because my credit card was supposed to cover any damages. We didn't have an accident, but upon returning the car, they said there was a scratch on the front, and it would be $400.00. As we pushing the time to get our flight, I signed the form. Bad move on my part. To make a long story short, after filing with my cc company, I ate the cost. The insurance would have been cheaper or the same. Their service and the car were very good, considering our flight arriving was so delayed, when we arrived our original car rental agent was closed, and they were the only ones with an extra vehicle for us. The car was brand new, and I even got one with French plates, like I wanted.

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

i have friends who have rented form Empress several times and they were always satisfied.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

Not only should you always take pictures of the rental before driving it off the lot you should always be with the attendant when he/she checks it out upon returning. I had a guy one time (not in St Martin) who I assume keyed my rental and then tried to get a bribe from me for not reporting it. Be early upon returning so as not to be in a rush and take the time to watch the evaluation :)

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

Thank you all for your great responses. I've decided to go with Empress. Any suggestions about how far in advance I should reserve a vehicle?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
60 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

I have rented from Empress twice this year and they were great. I rented a small hatch back and upon receiving it we quickly realized that it was not large enough for the 4 of us and our luggage so they switched it out for a larger sedan for no extra cost. They were very helpful.

7. Re: Reviews for Empress Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:17