We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather?

I saw the 10 day forecast and it shows rain rain rain! I am there the 17-21 of October staying in Philipsburg and don't know if I need to be prepared to be rained out or not? Sometimes forecasts show rain but it maybe only for an hour and dry up so anyone have insight?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather?

Forecast always says that. We have had a few much needed showers the past few days, but mostly hot and sunny.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather?

So it's still shorts and t-shirt/polo weather or do I need to bring jeans and a light rain jacket?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather?

No!!!!! Way too hot for that.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather?

Awesome thank you!

VA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Current weather?

Shorts everyday all day, rain comes and goes but usually never stays more than 30 minutes. I have been there when it rained on Dutch side so we went to Orient and it was sunny.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current weather?

Yep! If it's raining where you are, go somewhere else! Most of the time it's a short shower, less than 5 minutes. Most don't bother to get out of the sea. That's why the forecast says chance of scattered showers. It just might shower somewhere on the island. Or might not!

Having said that, it's still hurricane season!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current weather?

Re: Hurricane Season..

I arrive on Oct 18th for the first time..... keeping a wary eye on "low pressure system 1" in the Eastern Atlantic...

8. Re: Current weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:20