We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children and St.Maarten

Maryland,USA
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Children and St.Maarten

My family and I are traveling to St.Maarten in December. We have 4 year old children who love the beach and pool. We enjoy hiking and exploring but, we were hoping to get some recommendations of activities and places to go while visiting the island. Thanks in advance for the help!

Loudon, Tennessee
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children and St.Maarten

Butterfly Farm near Orient Beach. Carousel ice cream parlor (with working carousel) in Simpson Bay.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,405 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children and St.Maarten

The Zoo is lovely also.

And great stop for kids and grownups too is Layla's. Huge playground, small pool in a lovely setting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKxST6dFE1E

Love to watch the children play in the afternoon.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
132 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children and St.Maarten

Thanks sxmlover, Layla's looks like a cool place. I might just bring my kids there also! Do people swim in the ocean there? The water looks a bit rocky...

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,405 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children and St.Maarten

You can wade and splash at the beach, but there are sea urchins on the rocks just off shore. When he gets his dock repaired (taken out in a storm last year) you can get out past the rocks and swim safely.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children and St.Maarten

Le galion beach without a doubt. We had our then 2 yr old with us he LOVED it. There's also horseback riding nearby. Pinel island too but that's more for the folks. Both have calm waters for kids though.

Also second the Carousel if it's still there for younger kids. We missed it but folks raved about it.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 21:00
6. Re: Children and St.Maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin