We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Im finding great round trip prices to San Juan from PVD (like $300!) ... but they get in too late to make the St. Maartin flight to the island. So basically Im looking at about $700-800 to fly otherwise. I assume thats typical? Does anyone have any other tricks for finding cheap flights, or other ways onto the island that I dont know about? Im going Dec 11th, & can return Dec 17 or 18th. Thanks!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,066 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Unfortunately, I think cheap flights are a thing of the past. Haven't seen a decent fare in a year or more. Unless, of course, you can fly out of one of the NY area hubs.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,066 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

You may find it more economical to stay over in San Juan for the night.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
388 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Two tips.

First, use DoHop to look for flight options. Their search engine is the best I have found for finding flights and flight combinations, and they include many of the smaller carriers missed by sites like Expedia. Just be sure to use the filters on the left of the webpage, otherwise you may be offered flights to SXM via Paris.

http://www.dohop.com/

Second, visit the website of the airport you will be flying to and look for the arrivals data. That will tell you who is flying to the airport at what time. Google: (name of airport) arrivals

Ottawa
Level Contributor
388 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Sorry - a third option. Look for flights from other airports within driving distance - in your case Boston.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Hi All - thanks so much for the quick advice. I could fly out of NY, but the aggravation of getting there really wouldnt be worth the savings. I did look out of Boston & believe it or not, it doenst change the prices by much, if anything. LOVE that PVD is a "real" airport now! :) Thanks SO much for the dohop site. I almost was excited till i saw most of the options I had were 14+ or 22 hour travel days, to save $300.

I did consider flying cheaply into San Juan & staying overnite for a cheap quick early AM flight ... but I will be alone & my group will already be on St. Maartin , so I may as well just get there.

I guess Im just going to have to pony-up the $700 for a flight ... & I know it will be well worth it! Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

Do not now when your flight would arrive in SJU but JetBlue has a flight that leaves SJU @ 3:20pm. We were on that flight 2 weeks ago. Arrives in SXM @ 4pm.

7. Re: Economical flights? from Providence? San Juan to St Maartin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16