We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 5 Restaurants??

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Top 5 Restaurants??

Staying for 5 nights in March (just my wife and I) , on the Dutch side, and am hoping to gather some opinions of the top five places to eat (dinner / lunch). We will probably have breakfasts in our condo. Restaurants not need be expensive......we are foodies and like good quality food. Also not so interested in a steak house...we can get that at home.

This is our second trip to SXM and stayed on the French side in 09' and went to a bunch of different places who's names escape me in Grand Case. One of our most memorable meals was a beach shack lunch. Will have a car.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your opinions

DK

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 5 Restaurants??

The Palms - voted best local food on the island

Buccaneer Beach Bar Saturday evening - good food and great music

Mark's Place

Layla's for lunch - Nettle Bay (French side, but just over the border)

Karakter Beach Bar

The Garden State
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 5 Restaurants??

I agree with sxmlover regarding The Palms. I would add Bavaria (German ) and Izi (Itallian) for my top three. They are both on Welfare Road in Simpson Bay. All three offer great food and great service at reasonable prices.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 5 Restaurants??

We love Karacters also. Friday night is tapas and Jazz. You couldn't ask for a better setting. Enjoy their beach during the late afternoon. Shower in their showers and then at 6 the music starts. We also like Barnacles for great Greek food. It is behind the Grand Marche on Airport Road on the Dutch side. Right on the docks overlooking the new Causeway Bridge. A little rough and tumble but good food. The Yacht Club at the Draw bridge is great for lunch or during the bridge openings as you watch the mega yachts come or go. Packed during the 5 pm bridge opening for cocktails but the staff keeps up with a smile. Busby's at Oyster Pond has a wonder place on the water. The pizza is okay and the pounding waves make your day perfect. Bon Appetit up in the Flamingo Bay area has wonderful food and if you go when Mason is singing and playing his guitar you won't be disappointed

4. Re: Top 5 Restaurants??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:16