We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Heya,

On May 25 (SUNDAY) my mom and I will be arriving through Cruise to St. Maarten.

Got a couple of questions

1- At Port (we will be docked) - how close is the ferry to Anguilla?

2- The port - is that Marigot? I called RCCL cruises and they won't even tell me what port/city we will be at - so sorry for the question

3- I'm looking for a good city tour - I know our cruise line offers this BUT it's like a double decked bus with LOTS of people + ONE departure time (one seriously???) Any company recommendations please?

4- I hear (never been) that Marigot (French side of town) has great shops.... but if it's Sunday doesn't that mean most places will be closed? Comment on this please?

Basically we're going to be docked in St. Maarten for 10 hours - I want to do an activity in Aguilla. That leaves time for one more activity in St. Maarten - I'm thinking either a city tour, the race boat or a Sea Trek (Helmet Diving)...

Thanks

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

PS. I should mention I'm not group-o-phobic... it's just with cruise ship excursions you'll cramped with people... I absolutely don't mind joining a group

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Hey,

Oh god so sorry to be triple posting - I run out of editing time!! This is so embarrassing... but I found something out. We're landing in Philipsburg, St. Maarten... so at this point - how far is the ferry point from here and Marigot

Thanks

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

The ferry to Anguilla is in Marigot. About 1/2 hour or more from the port. Yes, the shops in Marigot will most probably be closed on Sunday.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Thanks for your speedy response - So I have to take a taxi - how readily available are taxies from and to the port?? Also how much do they charge and do they take US dollar?

BTW how often does the ferry leave on Sunday.... 'cause it's sunday it may be less often

Finally - still looking for a nice Island tour/company

Thanks

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Taxi rates: st-martin-vacation.com/IconsandGifs/taxi-far…

US$ widely accepted.

anguillaguide.com/article/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
934 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Consider combining your trip to or from the ferry with an island tour. Joyce Prince, for instance, is great at customizing a tour to your wishes. Trip Advisor reviews: tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1606588-d3…

Her website: http://www.princepersonal.com/

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

Thanks for the company info!!!! I will contact the lady right away. I am thinking of taking the ferry to Anguilla and doing the Dolphin trip at noon (since I won't make it for their 10AM tour - will arrive at 9AM in the morning) - the entire ordeal is probably 1.5 hours to 2 hour + 20 minute ferry - so around 14AM-1430AM... which gives me 5 hours or so for a Island tour...

One question - how readily available are taxies at the cruise port?

Thanks

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

EDITING: Sorry for double posting - but I should mention I just got an e-mail from Joyce and she's unavailable on Sunday..

any other companies that are accommodating/custom-y?

9. Re: With Cruise - Help me figure this out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin