We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

My husband and I are looking at going to St. Maarten for 1 week. We have been before, but only on a cruise. I am looking at Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club. Does anyone have any experience with either?. I'm also not sure whether to stay on the Dutch side or the French side. I have been told by some that the people on the Dutch side are friendlier.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,977 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

These to places are very different however both are on the Dutch side.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

We stayed at Princess heights in Jan of 14' and the hotel is wonderful. You will need a car, though, unless you are into walking steep hills to get to Dawn Beach. The roads are narrow and fairly busy with no sidewalks. Oyster Bay Beach Club is right on the beach and several good restaurants are within a block of the resort. We are going to stay there in a few weeks when we go back to St. Martin. We toured the entire island in January and found the people nice on both the French and Dutch sides. The food is better on the French side.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 15:27
Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

Thanks for the feedback. We plan on renting a car. But I like the fact that Oyster Bay Beach Club is right on Beach. Let me know after you go how you liked it.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

I am an owner at OBBR, will be there in 10 days. Have been going on and off for 16 years..we enjoy it greatly. It is a bit "off the beaten path" but that is one of the things we like about it. Dawn Beach is nice, not as much as before all the development..but such is life. There are 4 or 5 decent dinning choices within walking distance, but you will want a car to tour the island, even if just for a couple of days - you can always rent one at the desk at OBBR. We always get a car -- very afforable. Go to Grand Case for dinner, take a sail to Angilla, hit as many of the 36 beaches as you can - they are all different. Have been to 8 other isalnds, always have a good time - but always head back to SXM and OBBR! If you want any specific info, please fill free to PM me.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 02:32
5. Re: Princess Heights or Oyster Bay Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin