We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dawn Beach - safe for swimming and snorkeling?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
600 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dawn Beach - safe for swimming and snorkeling?

Hi, I was thinking of staying at Dawn Beach but then I read a couple things that said if you are not a strong swimmer you shouldn't go in the water at that location. I'm trying to find someplace where we can go in the water (we live in San Diego and go to the beach) and a place to snorkel. Of course, we want the turquoise blue water, something we don't have here at home.

Is Dawn Beach rough water or is there a better place to stay for finding what we're looking for?

Thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dawn Beach - safe for swimming and snorkeling?

The wave action makes it fun...it is not flat, calm, still water but it is also not roaring surf either....you can snorkel out around the end of the rock/coral formation by Oyster Bay Resort but I would not recommend it. Even Orient Beach has a little surf every now and than.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,825 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dawn Beach - safe for swimming and snorkeling?

Little Bay is a good choice for snorkling from the beach or from a boat.

======================

http://snorkelstmaarten.com/

=======================

Other possible choices include

Rouge, Mullet,Cupecoy, Créole Rock in Grand Case, Orient, Pinel, Green Cay, Tintamarre, Galion & Dawn.

3. Re: Dawn Beach - safe for swimming and snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:18