We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some questions answered

Bayside, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Need some questions answered

My aunt has given me and my boyfriend her time share and we are having trouble deciding where we would like to go. Our three main options are aruba, st. martin and mexico. We are in our mid 20's so we're looking for a fairly inexpensive trip. We're not really into partying so it's more about relaxing for us. I have heard that food in aruba and st. martin can be expensive. If we end up in mexico we are likely to do an all inclusive. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,330 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some questions answered

Well, you can "relax" and find low to moderately priced food in any of those places so you haven't given us much else to go on to help you make a decision.

Now, generally speaking your "budget dollar" will go furthest in Mexico but since you don't say where in Mexico you are considering - it's a very big country - it's difficult to give you specifics.

True, St. Martin does have some very upscale restaurants but there's also an abundance of moderately priced places you can get some very good meals.

Aruba is going to be a bit more expensive food wise but here again people on a budget can easily find moderately priced meals.

So- the upshot is I wouldn't let "what you've heard" about the cost of food be the driving factor in your destination choice. rather, you should do some research about the things you might want to see and do (besides relaxing) during your trip then pick the destination that most appeals to you. The relaxing and finding "affordable" places to eat no matter where you go will be the easy part.

Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some questions answered

must agree with caribsurfer. we vacation on both coasts of mexico every year as well as the islands. we're very familiar with aruba, sxm and mexico. dining options in all ranges in each location. if you can tell us what other preferences you have for this vacation we can point you in the right direction. honestly I find the AI option at a lot of the timeshares to be overpriced unless you are very big drinkers. you also want to make sure that the timeshare resort offers multiple dining options or you will be very bored after a couple of days with the selections. hope this helps!

3. Re: Need some questions answered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:15
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question