We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Forecast for St.Maarten

Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Forecast for St.Maarten

According to the weather network, it says it is going to rain all week with 80% chance of thunder storms. I'm getting scared that this is accurate and want to ensure that it actually does not rain all day. We are going from May 11th to 18th

Thank you.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,884 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Forecast for St.Maarten

1) Online weather forecasts (such as Weather Network) ALWAY, REPEAT, ALWAYS predict rain. If you checked it everyday for a year you'd swear the sun never shines anywhere in the Caribbean.

2) It's impossible to predict Caribbean weather more than a day or two in advance and even then the prediction is not very accurate.

3) It has been extremely dry throughout the Leeward islands for the past 2 months - we actually need the rain (I know you don't want to hear that).

4) Rain, when it does come is usually in the form of very brief, fast moving, widely scattered showers that last minutes rather than hours. It's not unusual for it to rain in one area and be bright and sunny 1/4 mile away. I've seen it rain in my front yard and be dry as a bone in my back yard. All day rains, heck even hour long rains, are rare.

Don't look at online weather forecasts they will only cause you needless worry.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Forecast for St.Maarten

Oh how I wish it would rain! Desperately needed! We have a few clouds this morning, so we may get a drizzle.

As CaribSurfer said, pay no attention to the forecasts, especially more than a day or two away.

Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Forecast for St.Maarten

Sounds good! Thank you very much for getting back to me

4. Re: Weather Forecast for St.Maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:15