We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local bus question

wisconsin
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Local bus question

It sounds like while staying at the Sonesta Maho it might be a better idea to eat a few meals at the Sonesta Great Bay?? Can you take the local bus to and from these sister resorts?? I'm also wondering if either resort has they're own transportation to and from?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local bus question

You can take the local bus just outside the door to your resort. Just ask the bellman to point you to the correct spot. You want the bus going to Philipsburg (and Maho on the way back), it should drive right past the Great Bay location.

Don't know what the hotel offers, sorry

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Local bus question

Unless things have recently changed I stayed about 6 months ago the hotels do not offer transportation between resorts.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local bus question

Ok... So, I've been scouring the internet for more clarification on what roads I can expect to find the local jitney buses. No luck, yet! Can anyone lead me in the direction of which "main roads" I can expect to find a bus?

I understand they are cheap and the timing is completely unreliable - I'm good on that - same story as in Nassau, Bahamas. We used a couple when we were there and it worked out great!

Thanks,

Sara

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local bus question

Sonesta didn't have transportation. Buses were great for going between the resorts. Cheap too. I would recommend trying the food at both resorts. As far as bus times and roads, we were able to get around the whole island on Buses by just asking locals and didn't have any issues.

5. Re: Local bus question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:17