We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

Level Contributor
393 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

Hi there I am trying to plan a 5 day vacation for around the end of Oct/ beginning of November. For some reason I can't seem to find direct flights from Toronto? I find this a bit odd as we did this a few years ago. I tried changing the dates but it doens't seem to help. I am now considering changing my destination, as I really don't want to take 10 hours to get to St. Maarten for 5 days. We went to Barbados last year and liked it as well but I didn't really find any little shops to spend a day shopping in. So basically we loved St. Maarten/Barbados and are looking for a destination similiar, nice beaches. great food, NOt all inclusive types at all, would love to rent a car explore island? any thoughts

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

West Jet does Sunday to Sunday and in high season does Sunday's and Tuesdays. Oct is low season so I think Sunday to Sunday will apply only. You can look into flying US Airways out of Toronto or Buffalo. They have a stop over in Charlotte then to SXM. Usually 7.5 hr trip and cheaper as well.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

If you could extend that to a week, Sunflight has Thursday-Thursday non-stop.

George

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

Try Delta out of Buffalo...had a 6am flight via Atlanta and you got into St.Martins at 2:30pm......AC did direct flights this past winter...the time period might be low season and or it might be too early for airlines to decide when there high season will commence.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

WestJet flies Sun Tues Thurs to SXM. Thurs may not be in low season. Call them directly it will not cost you any more than booking online. Have used them 8 years in a row and always called and spoke to a real human.

5. Re: No Direct Flights from Toronto to St Maarten?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16