We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Hello, husband and I are staying at the Simpson Bay Resort and Marina in September and we have a few questions.

- is there a grocery store nearby?

- any inexpensive restaurants within walking distance?

- are there bus stops near resort?

- how much would taxi cost to get to/from grocery store and airport?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

This map shows restaurants that are close by.

http://www.sxm-simpsonbay.com/east

There's is a grocery store by Burger King (which is shown as "BK" on the map).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Great location with many restaurants within walking distance. Lee's and Skipjack's are a couple of our favourites which you can walk to. Grocery store is a hop skip and jump from the resort. Also Buccaneers is a great Beach Bar next door

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

And a bus stop on the main road at the bottom of the hill.

canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

The grocery store at the end of the road is the Fresh Market I believe. I find it very pricey for general groceries. The Grande Marches are general cheaper in Cole Bay and Bush Rd. Some of the little asian markets along Welfare Rd have some good prices also. I like the Sky Supermarket on Welfare rd between the airport and The Flamingo resort.

Lexington, North...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Greenhouse - right next to the Buccaneer Beach Bar - is a good restaurant. PeliDeli is nearby, too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Hi, we're also staying at the Simpson Bay and Resort. My parents are in their 70's and we'll have a stroller. I was just wondering how far of a walk are the restaurants on Welfare Rd.

Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

It's not a long walk but is is a very hilly walk.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Thanks for your quick reply. At a leisurely pace would it be less than a 15min walk?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

Yes, to the main road, a tad more going left or right depending upon your final destination.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
268 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Simspon Bay Resort - restaurants near by?

my opinion: I really like Lees all around-It's a favorite, the Greenhouse for plantains and conch fritters and easy, the Hideaway had exceptional ceviche .. KILLER ceviche... and conch stew... Alexander's rocked the creole mahi mahi.. I really loved it here...skip jacks I have to be careful.. grilled seafood isn't my thing but their tuna carpaccio nearly did me in ...bon appetite served me lunch for breakfast and I loved their snapper sandwich.. let's see.. the peli deli is right there too... I have no idea about the italian or thai that's available-but the hideaway's tortellini alfredo as a side was remarkable. Oh and 4 years ago I did the pontoon ride over to marigot, from the marina and ate at le petite auberge. delicious..