We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless resort

Pittsburgh...
10 posts
Save Topic
Topless resort

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are planning a vacation to possibly St. Maarten in December. I wanted or I really should say my husband wanted a resort to stay where it had a topless or nude beach/resort. I wanted some place that not just allowed it but had others participating as well. I don't want to be the only one "showing off!" I would feel much more comfortable if others were doing the same and I was not the only one or one of the few. I don't want my top to come off and have every eye on the beach just to go right towards me. I'm not sure if St. Maarten is the best place for us or some place else in Mexico or the Caribbean would be better? We are not swingers and are not interested in that type of thing. Just looking to have fun and come back with a nice full tan lol. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless resort

About your only choices:

http://www.cluborient.com/tablet/index.html

http://www.clubfantastico.net/

There may be another somewhere, not sure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless resort

If the freedom of being topless on a beach is what you look forward to, all French beaches are such. Even if you were the only woman, you would be within your rights. Enjoy your visit.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless resort

Club Orient would be a good choice if you want walking distance to beach, Papagayo for C/O dining, the Perch for a nice beach bar and bar food, the small Orientique store for basics, grounds fully C/O. Have heard good things about Fantastico, AI options with a downhill walk to beach but a labor of love getting back up. Keep in mind 85 deg F and 85% humidity. Depending on your budget there are lots of nearby accommodations from budget minded to full up villas. You may also want to look at Green Cay villas, Orient Beach area, which do offer a single apartment with their villas and are marketed as C/O and private. Definitely get a car if you want to try multiple beaches - Baie Rouge, Friars, Happy Bay to name a few which are all French side. All beaches are public so you can pack up a lunch and libations, rent umbrella and chairs, and enjoy. If staying at Club Orient, umbrella and chairs are included and you get to tag out your choice for the duration. The watersports place at south end of the Club O beach also sells 7 day chair/umbrella passes for a lower cost than paying daily if staying elsewhere.

Pedros (beach bar) which is just north of the Club O property also has a C/O section on the beach immediately north of the Club O part, tho that area is in line of sight of the Pedro's parking area so gawkers are somewhat common. Tthere is a parking are behind Pedros if one gets their early.

On days when cruise ships are in (most days) you will also find a steady stream of passengers walking up and down the Club O beach. Mostly ignored by the fine folks who know how to enjoy life.

Enjoy and travel safely

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless resort

This is basically the same question that was asked by a Beth C from Pittsburg on Jan 27th titled "The right beach to go topless"..don't waste your time on this one..lol

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless resort

It depends if you are looking for topless or fully nude. If fully nude, Club Orient and Club Fantastico are indeed your two choices. If you are looking for topless, any hotel or beach on the French side will do. Being topless at the beach or at the pool is part of the culture in France. It is always allowed and often practiced, and never draws attention. So you should not worry about "being the only one". I sometimes tell people that it is a bit like wearing a one piece suit vs a bikini, or wearing a hat or not. Some may, some may not, but no one acutally really notices who does what nor pays attention to it.

Of course, the above is mostly through when the rest of the clientele is French or European. If you have mostly americans, then you will probably get a bit more of attention. I never worry about it though. Americans going to Saint Martin tend to know what the custom is on the French side.

6. Re: Topless resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin