We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
60 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach

There for just a day on a cruise stop and I want to know what the BEST been on the CARIBBEAN side is. I am only going to go to one beach, don't really like beach hopping. So if someone can help me out with that I would appreciate it!

Level Contributor
1,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach

Based on the parameters you have set, I would recommend spending the day on Orient Beach. It is known as "the" place to be on St. Martin. You will be able to grab a great lunch at one of the beachfront restaurants or shop for some fabulous French Beachwear. You can rent chairs and umbrellas quite easily as well.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach

Agreed. And lots of watersports too!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach

I agree that Orient has all the action, but if you enjoy swimming in the ocean, my favourite beach is Mullet, much calmer and less people.

Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach

Also, on Orient Beach, you can watch people walk by nekkid. Sometimes that can be amusing to say the least.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach

Orient is great, but you asked for the best beach on the Caribbean side, orient is on the atlantic side. On the Caribbean side I loved Baie Rouge. You will not have all of the watersports, but there is great sand, great snorkeling, and good food.

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach

Orient beach is well protected from the open ocean so it is not as rough as some beaches on the Atlantic side. Bay Rouge was very rocky the last time I was there but it is nice. The advantage of Orient is the variety of bars and restaurants that will serve food and drink at your chair and it also has tons of watersports. One section of Orient is clothing optional but you will see a few people walk naked the entire length of the beach. Mullet is one of my favorite beaches but you might get a little bored.

Level Contributor
1,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach

No doubt, Orient Beach, hands down.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beach

Yeah, Orient is great if you like a beach that is dotted with restaurants and shops and has tons of people watching opportunities.

9. Re: Best Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor