We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental - best to do before arrival?

Bloomfield, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
car rental - best to do before arrival?

We hope to visit St. Martin this winter during high season. Do we risk not finding any cars available for rental if we wait until arrival to rent one? Are rates any better if rented beforehand? Thanks for any help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
550 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental - best to do before arrival?

I think you'll always be able to get one...but the price might not be a good one......In my opinion rates are much better beforehand.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental - best to do before arrival?

I have heard that frequently during the height of high season (LOL), some rental companies (usually the best) can run out of cars.

I would reserve in advance, just be sure.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental - best to do before arrival?

I always shop around beforehand. Also, it may be worthwhile to join AAA because you sometimes get a discounted rate on rentals.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental - best to do before arrival?

We always rent in advance and compare prices. We used Kenny's this year and he was great to deal with.

5. Re: car rental - best to do before arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about St Martin / St Maarten