We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oyster bay beach resort...any info appreciated

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
oyster bay beach resort...any info appreciated

has anyone here been to the oyster bay beach resort? i'm thinking about trading my timeshare for a week at the oyster bay, my concern is that we will be traveling with our 1 yr. old. will we need a car for the week? or are there plenty of restaurants and shops within reasonable walking distance? i've only been to st. maarten on cruises and done the tourist thing..gone to orient beach and dawn beach. other than that we have not been to any other part of the island.

any information would be great.

thanks

mina

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,390 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oyster bay beach resort...any info appreciated

OBBR is a great place. You will love it. Good family resort. You will need a car, as there's not much in the immediate area.

Read the reviews here, and check thru some of the posts. You'll get a ton of information.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oyster bay beach resort...any info appreciated

Mina, OBBR is right next to Dawn Beach. We were there last June and there is not much to do in this area. When we were there, I believe they were building a Westin on the other side of the beach, so it might be different now.

The villa we stayed in overlooked Dawn Beach. We were on the third floor and there were no elevators.

3. Re: oyster bay beach resort...any info appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Maarten-St. Martin