We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viilas on Great Bay

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
249 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Viilas on Great Bay

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here as my husband and I and adult son are considering staying here. We had thought about Ocean's Edge Condos, but thought our son would be bored(you know how college aged kids can be) because there is nothing within walking distance of those condos, but at the Villas on Great Bay everything is within walking distance and I like that idea. I'm not sure how nice the beach is there or is it too noisy being so close to Philipsburg. Any information would be appreciated.

Patty G

Topeka, Kansas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viilas on Great Bay

We stayed there in March and are going back in June. We have two boys, 10 and 12. We loved it. Beach is pretty wavy so good for water sports but not snorkeling or swimming. Great pool and deck, short walk to all of PHillipsburg activities but still very quiet. It is across the street from a cemetary so had to be pretty quiet. Staff was nice. Rooms weere clean and comfortable.

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viilas on Great Bay

I have friends who stay there all the time. They are an older couple and really enjoy it.

the beach is fine.. not the most beautiful beach on the island but nice.. and I don't think ti is noisy..not much going on at that end of the ebqcg.. and your son can easily walk into philipsburg and the boardwalk there which is always busy.

here is a web cam from the villas, showing the harbor.

http://www.thevillasongreatbay.com/netcam.jpg

3. Re: Viilas on Great Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 02:17