We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
6 posts
Save Topic
Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

We'll be staying at the Flamingo Beach Villas, but no where can I find what the difference is between the Resort and the Villas: does FBV look onto the ocean, are the rooms as nice, walking distance to the beach? I've asked Diamond Resorts but they are very vague. Do I need to be concerned?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

IWe have stayed numerous times at the resort but not the villas. Flamingo is a great resort. I believe Scubaman will eventually chime in here as he owns a few weeks at the villas. He will be more helpful. They are walking distance to the beach and pool.

Iowa
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Thank you for replying. Since you've stayed at the resort, does the villas face the beach or the side of the hill? Somewhere I read to ask for building six? Is there an appreciable distance from the villas to the beach? Any answer is most appreciated.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Scubaman, Where are you?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

He must be away for the holiday. Anyway, never stayed at the villas but they seem to be close to the beach. They appear to be 2 stories with stairs (no elevators). Our room usually sits across from one of the buildings and its pool side. In that building you would be steps away from the pool and beach is very close. I believe there are villas above on the hill but do not know the numbers of the buildings. Sorry. Have a great trip and you will like the Flamino. Many, many restaurants within walking distance.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

I'm here, I'm here

The building six villas are the first villas to be built followed by building three then building four.

Building three and four have a slight different window configuration being better than building six.

Building six is long due for a referbishment where as building three and four are in good shape.

Both building four and three are hillside villas but a short walk to the beach and pool. With plenty of on site parking.

"B" side is larger than the "A" side with the "B" side facing the water and the "A" side with a garden view. Building six "A" units will have a garden/pool view.

We own three weeks at the building three A/B villas and enjoy the villas as much as the studio we have there.

Enjoy.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Forgot to add that each side of the A/B villas have their own full size refer with ice maker, full kitchen, oven/stove, blender, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, hair dryer, two TV's, large bathroom, king bed, cloths washer/dryer, iron/ironing board and balcony.

The "B" side also is much larger than the "A" side with the two connecting with a pass door.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

I was wondering the same thing as I have booked the resort and not the villas. I have an "ocean front" room at the resort , Im assuming those are closer to the beach than the villas? Do they have an ocean view?

I stayed at the Royal Palm last year but walked the grounds at the Flamingo and wanted to try it out.

Iowa
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Thank you so much - this is very helpful. Is there a way we could find out if a room has been assigned? Any thoughts?

Iowa
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Many thanks. I apologize, I just recieved this. I'm sure we'll have a great time. I was just concerned that we couldn't find much out about the villas. It it's sunshine, we're all good. Thanks again.

moorestown nj
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flamingo Beach Resort vs. FB Villas

Departing Jan 30th-Sat , four day getaway to SXM to celebrate 55th birthday with seven girlfriends (former college roommates). We will pretend to be 18 the first night then recover til Wed departure for home. Any suggestions, as in "do not miss this" ? Contemplating day sail pub crawl and the Westin brunch...need dinner suggestions so decisions are made in advance or we will be trying to "herd cats" as my hubby calls getting 7 women to agree

Thanks in advance. healer 3