We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Maarten in Otober

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
9 posts
Save Topic
St. Maarten in Otober

Have an opportunity to go to st Martin in mid-October(Oyster Bay Beach resort). Has anybody been there at this time of the year as I am wondering what kind of weather I can expect.

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Maarten in Otober

Hot and humid.

Hurricanes are a possibility and many businesses close down in Sept and Oct because it is so slow.

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Maarten in Otober

Hot and humid.

Hurricanes are a possibility and many businesses close down in Sept and Oct because it is so slow.

Scotland
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Maarten in Otober

Thanks for your reply Denver2. Am I right in assuming that the chance of being affected by a hurricane is fairly low and otherwise can I expect plenty of sunshine.I suppose the question I really want to ask is do you advise against visiting in October(14th -21st)?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Maarten in Otober

We have gone to SXM 3 different years in October and are scheduled to return 10/21/2006. So far (knock wood) we have yet to have a problem with weather. We prefer the off-season as there is usually not so many people and so long of a wait for restaurants.

Enjoy!

St. maarten
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Maarten in Otober

I would recommend coming down in Oct. If you like a slower, relaxed time with less crowds then Oct is the perfect time. There should be good deals on hotels and flights. Just be aware that storms might occur.