We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing Questions About Deposit

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Parasailing Questions About Deposit

Working on arranging parasailing at our cruise stiop in St. Maarten next month. Operator says they are normally not in operation on Sunday but will take us (group of 5-6) anyway. But wants credit card deposit because he says the law is he has to pay double on Sunday, Understandable, where I work Sunday is double time too for non-exempt.

But is this mormal to need a deposit for a Sunday booking? The outfit seems reputable and was recommended on a TA forum as well as at Cruise Critic. But I don't just email my credit card number to anyone.

Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing Questions About Deposit

It seems reasonable to ask for a deposit as they have to bring in people to work. It would help if you gave us the name of the operator, the company name or you could look for another vendor. It is not the best idea to give a credit card number over a non-secure line to someone you don't know.

Edited: 11 January 2011, 02:02
Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing Questions About Deposit

St. Maarten Parasailing (Size Matters). So far Les the operator has been extremely helpful by email. Deposit is only $10 each. I'll see if I can get phone number and do card info that way. If it all works out I have some other people on our cruise that I might recommend them to as long as they are going to be operating that day.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing Questions About Deposit

They were grounded yesterday due to the wind, but they are a class operation. However, I too would not email my CC info. Call or fax.

4. Re: Parasailing Questions About Deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 05:17