We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

looking for beach with restaurant/chair rental. i know there are many. my top choices are orient,dawn, great bay, little bay. orient looks a little further away. more time to get there + more taxi cost? is it worth these extras? need help deciding...............

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

Loads of them along the "boadwalk" in town.

Little Bay has two hotels on site - don't know their policy but you could take a look.

Dawn has its share of action.

Orient has it all and is usually busy.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

Orient or Orient. I'd choose Orient. Taxi fair worth it. Just make arraingments for the cab to pick you up and pay for round trip at return to pier. Have fun.

Argentina
Level Contributor
380 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

Hi! How much is Round trip cab from orient to Cruise? And if a want to do in one way? Because i dont know how many time i want to spend in oriente Beach...Thanks

USA
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

I would say hit the world famous Orient Beach!

Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

divi little bay hotel says that we can use the beach in front of their hotel for free and have 2 chairs and umbrella for$15. taxi is $7 from ship. taxi to orient is approx $15-18? (each way). i assume the ocean at little bay has some waves, and is good for swimming. is orient still the place to go?

Virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

Beach choice depends on what you're looking for - crowds and water sports? people watching? good snokeling? peace and quiet?

seattle
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

HI if you want to explore more than just one beach, either rent a car-(for about $75-130 a day) or a scooter for about $65.00

There is a reliable scooter place within walking distance from the port( I am renting a scooter from them now) Raslinks. Walk out of the port- go left keep walking past Chesterfields(great food) past the boat place,right before the gas station across the street is the scooter rental. Talk to Mandy-tell her Victoria sent you she help you out. I actually explored the island this way-from a cruise 8 months go. Dawn beach is great ( takes about 15 minutes to get there) Orient bay is good too- slightly crowded than others(about a half an hour away), Simpson bay- within walking distance is nice. Friar's bay is really nice , even two restaurants beach side. Grand case is ok as well as Marigot.

Ohio
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

REMEMBER - the only thing worse than drinking and hopping into a car to drive is drinking and hopping onto a scooter...

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

The beach at Divi (Little Bay) is generally calm, good for swimming / snorkling - a protected bay...very scenic....

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,579 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from cruise ship. 1 day. which beach?

Even though the visitor had a good time on it - scooters are not realy the best form of transport due to very narrow roads, hilly conditions, speedy drivers, people and animals on the roads....

Get answers to your questions about Philipsburg