We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vespas....

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Vespas....

We are heading to St Maarten for few days in June....Has anyone rented Vespas/Scooters there? Is that a viable option for touring the island one day? How much should we expect to pay? We are staying at the Sonesta Great Bay.

Thanks for any responses!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vespas....

Hello,

Just my opinion but you would be alot safer renting a car for the day. The roads sometimes are not the smoothest, with hills & winding roads, etc... not to mention the driving can be a bit hectic at times.

Having visited St. Maarten many times, I would not feel safe touring any part of the island on a scooter/vespa/bike. Car or Jeep is best.

Also, you may want to vist - www.traveltalkonline.com ... TONS of info on the island ....

Enjoy your trip!

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vespas....

rent a car.. you might be stuck in some traffic, but it is much safer

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vespas....

For scooter rentals try contacting:

Eugene Moto

Marigot, St. Martin

Phone: 590-87-13-97

HOWEVER, if you are thinking of renting a scooter just as a way to save money THINK TWICE - you might be "pennywise, pound foolish" - scooters are not the safest means of transportation - too much traffic in the built up areas, twisty, narrow roads where you'll be constantly overtaken by faster drivers who don't always give the right of way and lots of step hills.

Do as other suggest - rent a car - you'll be much safer and glad you did.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vespas....

Delayed Thank you for your response!! I will take your suggestion to heart!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vespas....

Thak you so much for responding. I really appreciate your taking the time to do so and the suggestions seems to be unanimous. :-)

6. Re: Vespas....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 12:18