We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive drink question

Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
all inclusive drink question

We are considering AI at Sonesta Great Bay in Feb. Does anyone know if alcohol is included and is Baileys on the list. We did an AI in Jamacia and they said alcohol on list but when we got there I had to payu if I specifically wanted that brand of irish whiskey. And another question is should we even do AI as I wonder if dining around would be better?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive drink question

Dining around this island is always better than AI. Lots of great food. From $ to $$$$$

Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive drink question

Ok another question then. Spouse and I love the beaches, not into night life but like having drinks during day. Also love to shop and budget around 1500 for room or villa. Do you have any better places to go. Thank-you!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive drink question

February??? You won't find many bargains at that time of year. About as high season as you can get.

Did you check out VBRO and other sites where you deal with an owner?

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive drink question

we're also going in february to sonesta great bay. i do believe drinks are included, (i have no idea about the brands of liquor) according to my sister who has been there recently. we're paying approx $1,950 each for 7 nights all incl (incl. flights). we chose all-incl for budget reasons mainly. flights were very expensive from toronto. we also didn't want to have to go out every night for dinner, spending money on taxis, drinks, food, etc.

someday i would like to go in the less expensive season and stay in a non all-incl. accommodation but we're 2 gals minus the hubbies for this trip plus our first time to st. martin. good luck booking accommodation for february.

Indiana
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive drink question

Are you booking through Travelocity by chance? Flights from Indiana are expensive as well. And I came across Travelocity Cyber monday sale. Expense is why we were going to try this also.

Hope you have a great time . Thanks for your input.

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive drink question

we booked thru itravel2000 with a travel agent we have used before, flying with sunwing. we upgraded our seats by $100., just to be spoiled a bit...nothing like champagne on the plane at 6:30 a.m. and front row seats. we also went with great bay b/c my sister had been there recently and found it to be just fine, no major complaints. another plus is that we will be able to walk to phillipsburg.

i found a little hotel when researching that i would like to go to some day with my husband, "azure hotel" on simpson bay, which is not all-incl. they gave me what i thought was a very fair quote for their 2-bdrm, (which was all that was available for feb.) under $1,000 for the week (self-catering i think it was). i hope you can find something reasonable. best of luck!

DonPedro71
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive drink question

A quick word about air fare. I always use a travel agent. They will find you the best deal. And sometimes the best deal not what you'd expect. For instance...

My last rip to St. Maarten, I had a time share that was Saturday to Saturday. Flying down on Saturday for my family of four was crazy expensive, though. So...through my agent, we were able to find a flight on the previous Thursday and two extra days in a different hotel that saved me over $1000. Yes, I had to move to my time share after two days...but I saved a lot of money AND got to spend 9 days in SM instead of just 7.

8. Re: all inclusive drink question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 02:16