We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Hi

We have booked for 2 weeks at this hotel and have a studio with a sea view. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to which one to request. We would like one that has been renovated with a great view and would like to have the sun in the evening if at all possible (to watch the sunset would be amazing!)

Not asking for much :)

Many thanks in advance

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

You will be in building seven which is a studio and one bedroom building. If you requested a sea view you will be in the side that faces the ocean and beach. You really can't request a room number as they are assigned at arival. Building seven has five floors. For example 7102 is first floor, 7202 is second floor, 7302 is third floor amd so on. Smaller last numbers are closest to the point and the even ending numbers are the Sat checkin with ocean/beach view. Odd ending numbered rooms are for Sun checkin and are pool/garden and sometimes parking lot view. Some of the higher floored units with odd ending numbers will also have an ocean/pool/garden view.

As far as sunset goes all the units ending with the even number will have a very nice sunset view.

All the units in building seven have been nicely renovated with free wifi in rooms.

Hope that helps.

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

The entire resort faces west and pool views and sea views are similar. Great place to stay. We're going back for two weeks on May 1

Edited: 06 April 2013, 21:13
Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

The resort is more than just building seven of which half of that building faces West and part of the back side faces the parking lot. There is also the two bed villa buildings three and four on the hill and two bed building six by the pool. We will be there for three weeks in May. Enjoy.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Many thanks for your help. Are there studios on the upper floors as I have read that the ones on the ground floor arent very private. Also I noticed your pic and wondered if you are a diver? If so, what are the best dive sites in st maarten with plenty to see? normally dive the red sea so am a bit spoilt.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

The studios are on all five floors. Just request one that is not on the bottom. Example would be any room starting with a 71 will be bottom floor. 72__ second floor, 73__ third floor and so on.

Yes, I am a diver with over 160 dives in St Maarten. For the last 14 years I've gone out with Dive Adventures that is right next to the Flamingo in the Simpson Bay Marina Resort complex. They will take you to all the best dive sites. Book them through Aqua Mania at www.stmaarten-activities.com or the Dive Adventures site at www.stmaartendive.com and read all the great reviews. Tell them SXMScubaman sent you. They all know me there.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Great. Many thanks for all your help

The Garden State
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Hope this helps. In addition to the main building there are two hillside villas and one beach front villas. The main building is the only one with studios.

https:/…FBV.pdf

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Hi

Can you do more than one dive per boat trip or are they single trips? And if so do they take extra tanks?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Morning dives are two tank dives. Afternoon dive is a shallow single tank. All is explained on the Dive Adventures web site which is the outfit I use. www.stmaartendive.com

keystone, co
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at Flamingo beach resort

Can you explain anything about Unit 4203A?

Are there any beach bars/restaurants(fun moderate prices) within walking distance to the Flamingo?

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Philipsburg