We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Latham, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

Going to Saint Maarten in 3 weeks. I'll be staying at the Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse in the east wing. Anyone been there recently? How's the beach in Great Bay?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

The beach at Great Bay is beautiful! Can get busy when there are lots of ships in. But great people watching. Lots of nice places to eat along the boardwalk to have a drink or a meal. It gets quiet in the later evening, as much is geared to the ships. But a couple of times a week, there is live music just down from you at the Sint Rose Arcade. Very nice, lots of locals and families come out. We enjoy it!

While a have not stayed there, I can tell you the old building is BEAUTIFUL! While we have not dines there, we on occasion stop at the little outdoor bar on the boardwalk. Janet is the bartender and she's a lovely lady who makes a mean drink and serves delicious appetizers.

However, I must add a word of caution. Please don;t go wandering in dark places late at night in Philipsburg. I know, that's good advise just about everywhere, but just a reminder. Take only what you need for your outing, leave everything else in the safe.

Even though we live on the island, I dream of spending a long weekend some time at Pasanggrahan. You will enjoy it.

Latham, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

sxmlover, thanks for the advice. I can't wait to get there !!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

It's been a while for us - they serve fantastic Caribbean style eggs for breakfast, have a chalk-board full of dinner specials outside by the entrance to the car lot.

I believe the bar is called the Sidney Greenstreet Bar (their spelling). Nice beach-front seating.

Sandbridge
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

You will enjoy the setting, say hi to Janet the bartender and make sure you make it to the Get Wet Bar and say hi to Phil

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

Yeah, love Get Wet and Phil, and they're right next door!

toronto
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

I heard that the owner of the Get Wet Bar is Canadian ? - we definetely plan to visit at least once during our week there!!

Sandbridge
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

Yes he is,eh

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

Yes, Phil and Lynn are Canadian.

9. Re: Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:18