We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest way from the airport to simpson bay

oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
cheapest way from the airport to simpson bay

Can anyone tell me does it really cost $18.00 from the airport to simpson bay ?

is there a cheaper way?

Bus ?

Diana

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest way from the airport to simpson bay

If you have luggage take a taxi. The fares are fixed by law and posted at the taxi stand. Rate depends upon distance, number of passengers, time of day & amount of luggage. Maybe you can share a ride?

St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest way from the airport to simpson bay

It depends on how much luggage you'll have (bulkiness). When we take the local bus from Maho to Philipsburg, the bus does stop at the airport. I have seen people get on the bus with a few large pieces and get off in Simpson Bay. This would maybe cost you a dollar or so.

Keep in mind that the buses are not large. They are mid sized vans that can hold about 6 to 8 people but if you're lucky and hail a bus that's fairly empty, then you would have no problems EXCEPT that you would need to drag your luggage to your final destination which could be a good amount of distance away from the main road where you would be dropped off and with the Pelican, a hill to climb as well.

If you can't afford a taxi or you will only have a carry-on and you are physically fit to walk a distance in the heat, the bus can be doable as I have seen with other travelers. Personally, I wouldn't unless my place was right on the main road like in Maho or the Royal Palm or Atrium. Any further and it will be EXHAUSTING.

3. Re: cheapest way from the airport to simpson bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 06:18