We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Fishing

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Surf Fishing

I am visting the Simpson Bay area in April. Does anyone have any information on surf fishing in the area? My wife isn't that in to fishing, so was hoping to do some in the early AM. I say this everytime I go to a tropical island, but never do it because I can never find equipment to rent or buy (cheap).

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf Fishing

Cool, Great tarpon in the pond and from the shore. Check out this thread....

thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum…

I'll be there in two weeks.

Edited: 13 March 2011, 13:04
Retreat Estate, St...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf Fishing

Check this out, stmaartenfishinginshore.com/photoalbum/1-1.h…

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf Fishing

Tyt,

You get around. Thanks for your help!

Best fishes,Ethan

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surf Fishing

Is there a tackle store in the area? A place to buy lures and a cheap pole so I don't have to check equipment at the airport?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Surf Fishing

Those were awesome pictures, where on the island were you?

Retreat Estate, St...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Surf Fishing

If you haven't visited the island as yet why waste money buying a pole and all the equipment.

I can provide you with all that and myself for an afternoon or morning with your best chance at landing some big inshore fish for a little more.

7. Re: Surf Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 15:17