We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crowds,safety on Pelican Key, Beacon Hill

minneapolis
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
crowds,safety on Pelican Key, Beacon Hill

My family is looking at several villa rentals in Pelican Key and Beacon Hill. We do not want to be in a crowded/high traffic/noisy(airplanes) area. We would love to be near a nice, quiet beach.

Do either of these places fit our criteria? Any other suggestions?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crowds,safety on Pelican Key, Beacon Hill

I find Pelican Key to be very crowded, especially the villa area and quite hilly while Beacon Hill is nearer the airport traffic and may or may not be a problem. You'll need to drive to the beach.

Terres Basses is far more upcale and quiet with three top beaches.

-----------------------------------

http://gobeach.com/villamap_lowlands.htm

Ottawa
Level Contributor
122 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crowds,safety on Pelican Key, Beacon Hill

I have stayed in Beacon Hill and there were no airplane noise issues. I have also stayed at several places right next to the airport on Simpson Bay and also had no problem as air traffic is almost non existent after dark. Where we stayed in Beacon Hill we were also able to walk to both Simpson Bay and Maho when it had sand. I understand after the latest storm that the sand is gone.

Will be back again in less than a month.

3. Re: crowds,safety on Pelican Key, Beacon Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:17