We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tijon Perfumerie

Mount Vernon
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tijon Perfumerie

Does anyone know about John and Cyndi Bergland of Tijon post Irma? The pictures are so difficult to see of the devastation that has occurred on the island. I wanted to know if John and Cyndi are ok. I had looked forward to visiting them this fall before recent events changed the landscape of Grand Case and St. Martin/St. Maarten.I assume the physical structure of Tijon has not survived the force of Irma, but are hoping for the safety of John and Cyndi and everyone affected by this recent tragedy. Always In our hearts and prayers!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
5 replies to this topic
north carolina
Level Contributor
30 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tijon Perfumerie

I reached out to John and he responded within 24 hours. He and Cyndi and their employees are fine. Tijon did not suffer much damage, but their condo basically lost the 2nd floor. Water damage to the bottom floor. They were ordered to evacuate right before the storm hit and stayed a school for shelter. The French military has been helpful in the clean-up of Grand Case, which is a huge task. So many people there lost everything.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
54 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tijon Perfumerie

They're fine! :)

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
555 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tijon Perfumerie

They had very little damage! A storage container filled with bottles was destroyed but everything else was spared. Very lucky considering the rest of Grand Case.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
49 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tijon Perfumerie

Hi are they going to be open in October? Thanks!

Edited: 10 July 2018, 17:49
north carolina
Level Contributor
30 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tijon Perfumerie

Yes!

They are open now!

Reply to: Tijon Perfumerie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted