We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

Intending to stay at Hotel L'Esplanade between Xmas and New Year's 2010. Looking forward to peace and quiet. I assume that the small airport nearby should not be a concern re noise. Does anyone know if any road/hotel/other construction is happening now or is being planned around that hotel?

Amaste

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
333 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

Just a question but it seems that this is the only concern you have had at the other locations you have visited. Fortunately workers go home in the evening. Yet there is always a chance a new property is going to be under construction. But you should have no issue staying at the Esplanade.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
80 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

In terms of airport noise, you will experience some, but most of the flights go in and out of that airport between 7:45 am and 6 pm. We've stayed in Grand Case several times, and it's never been an issue for us, even when we've stayed in a place that's right in the flight path.

I have no idea about planned construction...but even if there is anything planned, I doubt you're going to have much of a problem with it where you'll be staying.

Edited: 03 August 2010, 23:05
St. Maarten-St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

L'Esplanade sits higher up from the ground level restaurants and homes in Grand Case so I highly doubt you will hear any noises due to it's location.

Anderson, South...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

We stayed here 5 years ago and had no issue with noise.

5. Re: Any Construction Now or Planned Around Grand Case?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 05:34