We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case July 5 - 11

Washington DC...
13 posts
Save Topic
Grand Case July 5 - 11

Two families (8peeps) will be visiting St. Martin/Maarten and staying at Grand Case Beach Club. Would love to resolve the following questions before we head out

1. Taxi's over rental cars - I've seen the taxi rates that were posted for the entire island - how safe and reliable are the taxis?

2. Anguilla - would love to fit in a day trip to Anguilla Shoals Bay Beach. Where do we catch the ferry to Anguilla from St. martin? How often do these ferrys go back and forth. How much do they cost? How long is the trip each way.

3. Cash over credit cards - we've heard that it is better to deal with cash as you get a 1:1 conversion for US$ to Euro. Is this true?

4. Looking at eating at Lolos as it sounds the most cost effective for quality - are these within walking distance from GCBC

I know I have a lot of questions here - but I know there are alot of seasoned and well heeled St. Martin experts out there. Please help.

Many thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,615 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Case July 5 - 11

1) Safe & reliable - renting a car is the better way.

2) Ferry leaves from Marigot waterfront all day long. Don't know the cost - bring passports. Parking available. Ride over is about 20 minutes. Taxi over to Shoal Bay.

3) There are some 1:1 places, not many.

4) Yes, you can walk into the village to the lolos.

5) Enjoy

Edited: 01 July 2011, 12:09
Washington DC...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Case July 5 - 11

Thank you Bobcat2348.

Would it be advisable to take alot of cash, or use credit cards?

Thanks.

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
729 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Case July 5 - 11

We mostly use cash. Only use CC for big items, hotel, rental car, or a large expensive meal. We only carry enough cash for the day and leave the rest in the hotel safe.

The Marigot ferry is $15.00 pp + departure tax of $5.00 each way.

The taxi to Shoal Bay, I believe was about $50.00 payable when he comes back to pick you up for the return ferry.

Additional for lunch, drinks, etc.

Washington DC...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Case July 5 - 11

This is such valuable information. I cannot express how grateful I am for all of your feedback.

Many thanks.

5. Re: Grand Case July 5 - 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Case
Recent Conversations