We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GC restaurant reservations and prices

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
GC restaurant reservations and prices

Hi all,

My husband and I will be staying at GC beach club for 4 nights in a couple of weeks. So many nice restaurants to choose from! We'd like to try the higher end ones, but don't want to have to decide where to dine which nights before we arrive. We generally like to dine around 7 pm.

Will we have any problems without a reservation? If reservations are recommended, is a day or 2 in advance enough?

Also, is it true that the 1:1 restaurants all require cash payment to honor that price? Just need to know how much cash to carry. Thanks!

Judy

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

Restaurants in Grand Case post a menu outside during the day as well as a reservation sign-up sheet and exchange rate information.

Elm Grove, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
114 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

I know for sure that California is 1 to 1 for cash only.

As for reservations, it may depend what day of the week. Like all the other restaurants, Le Tastevin was very busy during the Tuesday night Mardi gras street festival, but we were able to walk in and get a great beach-side table at around 9 or maybe it was closer to 9.30 (there is plenty of street food to sample to tide you over until that later dinner!). The following night, California was practically empty - the waiter told us it tends to be quiet the day after the mardi gras.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

Thanks very much for the helpful information!

Royalston, MA
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

I've been there for two weeks over the past 3 years. Heading there again in February.

When looking at the reviews for the food in Grand Case, just keep something in mind. Most people from the US don't enjoy gastronomy. They like steak, lobster, and other "high end" food without realizing what the rest of the world eats. If you are going to look at reviews and take them to heart, try to find the ones that get into specific details of why/what was good/bad at a place. Go into it with an open mind and try to leave your food comfort in the states.

I found that most of the 1-1 places were on the lower end of the total dining experience scale in Grand Case. The only exception to this was the Lo-Lo's.

My favorite both years we were there was Le Cottage. Trust them and you shouldn't be disappointed. Let them pair your wine with each course. Ask for recommendations given your initial thoughts/concerns with the menu. It has worked out well for us both times doing this. They know their menu and food better than anyone, use that to your advantage.

Calmos Cafe is a must do. Fancy? No. Good food? Definitely. Sitting on reclining beach chairs, toes in the sand/water, watching the sun go down over Anguilla, sipping a fantastic rum punch, munching on toasted baguette with goat cheese mousse. This place turned us on to chevre. They had a tuna tartar on special one night that was perfect. Everything is served on plastic plates, but it works. Not terribly expensive, but not 1-1 and you are paying for the experience. If you get a reservation, that means they expect you to stay all night. No rushing. Take a nap if you want, they are fine with it. Hard to get out of the typical dine and dash of US eating-out, but this place insists that you slow down, relax, and enjoy the night. Our first night back in Feb is at Calmos. We may do two nights there we love it so much.

I could keep going, but I'll give you my short list to keep it on topic:

You'll need reservations since this is the busy season. Grab one night at Le Cottage, one night at L'Estaminet (which if I remember correctly, used to be Le'Hibiscus?), one night at Calmos. Wear nice clothes for the first two, sandals and shorts for Calmos.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

Found the post above very useful (agreed with the points about gastronomy, I see something of the same in London).

Can I ask abot typical dinner times at GC restaurants?

We are visiting in April and in London typically book tables for 9pm onwards (or 10pm/11pm if visiting Spain etc) - I imagine these times would be a little late for GC but we'd never consider sitting down to dinner before 8pm - is this the norm in GC?

Royalston, MA
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

We've sat down during the summer anytime from 6:30-9:00pm in Grand Case, never had a problem. That is the slow season, I imagine you wouldn't have an issue doing the same in April when it is much busier. I'll report otherwise if we find this is not the case in February.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

You'll find it a bit different in February as it's busy, busy season. You may even want to make a reservation earlier in the day if there is a specific restaurant or table you like.

iowa
Level Contributor
10 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

Just got back from GC, busy but not a problem getting table after 7:30 every night. Dined at Piazza pascals, Le Tastevin, Le auberge Gormaund, and Le pressoir. All Very Good!!!!!

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

Be careful of the 1:1 places. The good places don't have to give a 35% discount to get customers.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GC restaurant reservations and prices

Some of the most highly rates restaurants give 1:1, so I can't agree with the above comment.