We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store on French side

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store on French side

I plan to cook today and all I've seen so far are those small Asian grocery stores. The selection is pretty terrible. Is there a large fresher supermarket on the French side? I'll be driving around today mainly in Marigot. Thank you!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store on French side

The only large grocery stores on the French side I believe are the US Supermarche's. One in Sandy Ground and one in Hope Estate.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,864 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store on French side

http://www.sxm-shopping.com/groceries.html

New York City
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store on French side

Went to the us supermarche... Was hoping to save money by cooking but I think a lolo would have been cheaper haha

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery store on French side

That's shopping on the French side. Even the French go to the Dutch side to shop!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery store on French side

The US supermarket is on the main road from Marigot to Grand Chase and just continue on it past the airport. It is a French store and has a European feel to it.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery store on French side

Is this store comparable to the grocery store in Marigot with regards to size and selection? Or is it just a small market?

Caracas
Level Contributor
700 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery store on French side

Last March I visited US Supermarket near Grand Case (main road from Marigot to the north of the island) and I found it very large and with a good selection of products. Open 8 am till 6 pm I think. I can't tell about the prices because I didn't compare with any other store.

8. Re: Grocery store on French side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:17